Through the Oracle’s Mist
by Aedan Byrnes
In the blackest night, with the moon and stars to guide him, she would always be there waiting…
Cyrenna thought she died the day she watched Tynan and his brothers jump through the banishment portal in an act of solidarity with Rigor. Little did she know, it would be the first of many deaths she would experience in her quest to claim his heart. She would surrender not only her immortal soul, but a mortal one repeatedly. Through a deal with the great Oracle, she has multiple mortal lifetimes to change the direction of her future and have a chance with Tynan.
Her journey spans the ages from the GenPei War in Japan and the Silk Road west, to Cromwell, the Three Kingdoms and modern times, bringing her one step closer to forever until she makes a misstep. Then, the burden falls to Tynan. The only thing that is absolute is her fervent hope that he will come, but there’s one big problem.
Through it all, he doesn’t so much as know her name.
I had a choice to make for all of us. I needed to make it now. There was no time to wait or to confer. Letting go of my brother’s arms, I tried to convey that there was cause as the five of them eyed me like I’d lost my mind. Maybe I had. I would have to be perfect to do what I was planning.
Sending up a prayer for Amarus to guide me, I shifted to other on the court floor before the god and the gallery of spectators. Throwing my weight forward, I slammed into Rigor’s back, knocking him forward to kneel at the god’s feet. I held fast and shifted back as quickly as I was able. I could only hope that it would be enough, and that Amaranos would understand. As we knelt before him, the room electric with shock, I said the only thing I could get out that might be enough.
- Plotter or pantster? What is a pantster?
- What books have influenced your writing style? I think every book we read influences us. I don’t know that any one or few have had a greater impact than others. I try to emulate John Grisham’s trait of unpredictability and couple it with the historical influences of Nelson DeMille among others.
- Classics or something else? Classics, something else…my tastes in reading are wide and long.
- Favorite ice cream flavor? Authentic Spumoni.
- Favorite type of character to write about? I like digging into the tortured soul characters and ferreting out what makes them the way they are. I enjoy exposing the redeeming qualities even if they won’t stand in the light for long.
- Tell us one thing about you that no one knows. I am night-blind.
- Name three things on your desk right now. Selenite spiral, earplugs, rhinoceros.
- What is next on your writing timetable? I am working on the next two books in The Vengelys Series as well as refining ideas for the series beyond them.
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
There is no simple description for Aedan Byrnes. Obsessive, dreamer, reclusive, compulsive, outdoorsman and wordsmith would be among the list if one were started. The displaced Gael lives in the upper Midwest with family between jaunts wherever the road takes him. A frequent traveler, he is as likely to be found rock climbing or spelunking as sitting fireside dreaming or aimlessly floating away.
A lifelong lover of words and writing, he claims a diverse reading appetite and his writing reflects the myriad influences. A self-proclaimed 'reader's writer', he looks for the emotional and the sensory in word combinations, not just the visceral comprehension of phrases in the stories he crafts and his love of all things literary shines through.
fan made video trailer:http://youtu.be/wdW5BBP6wcs
Aedan will be awarding to one randomly drawn commenter a journal from his CafePress storefront, a charm and leather bracelet made for the story and a custom cover shepherd hook style bookmark made by Stone Soup Designs for Through the Oracle's Mist. The bracelet leather colors and the journal cover may differ from the photo.
Follow the tour for more chances to comment and win!