Monday, May 9, 2011

Dead Reckoning:Review




With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover Eric Northman and his "child" Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot-which is much more complicated than she knows...

My thoughts:

I have always been a fan of the Sookie books and I was very pleased with this novel. It was one of two books I wanted for my birthday. Excellent read. I got it on my Nookcolor and was immensely pleased.


Giving this book a 5 out of 5 was easy. It brings all of the quirkiness of the Southern Vampire series cast of characters and we find Sookie deep in the midst of fae and vampire politics with never a dull moment in between. I am not one for spoilers, so I won't say anything else. Thumbs up!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the Sookie novels and I can't wait to read this one too!

Rebecca said...

Hi Dana!
I've been meaning to read a Sookie book for awhile...I've heard so much about them. I have a Nook Color as well, don't you love it?

Rebecca

www.readingwithrebecca.blogspot.com

BrendaC said...

I really need to read this book. I love all things Charlaine Harris, especially Sookie's series!