Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Halo Legacy Series Super Book Blast


Legacy Reborn
by Genie Gabriel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:


An attorney devoted to social causes and a burned out women's advocate help save their home town while struggling not to fall in love. However, an unintended pregnancy and a gift from the heart lead them on a journey to new possibilities and love.




Excerpt Two:

Once more dressed in jeans and her well-worn cowboy boots, with a jacket thrown on to ward off the chill evening air, Phoenix walked.

Against a backdrop of blue-green mountain peaks and the lightly wooded hillsides closer to the farm, the hens were settling in their coop, with only an occasional soft clucking.

Inside the boldly painted red barn, horses whickered in their stalls. She breathed deeply of the scents of horse and hay as she ambled through the dusty structure, then opened the side door and walked into the llama's pasture.

The male immediately approached her and nuzzled her cheek as she slung her arm around him. "I love you too, Romeo."

She closed her eyes and relaxed against the animal's woolly neck. However, her relaxation ended abruptly when the animal stiffened and emitted a shrill cry.

Following the animal's gaze, Phoenix saw CJ standing on the other side of the corral with his arms folded on the top board. "Will your llama spit in my face?"

"It's alright, Romeo." Phoenix patted the llama, then walked slowly toward the man who had occupied too much of her thoughts lately. "What brings you out this way?"

"You left the Governor's presentation right after you talked to Mitch. I wanted to be sure you were okay."

All the memories she had been trying to walk off slammed into Phoenix once more. "What is okay? I'm not sure I've ever been okay or ever will be. How can I find normal or happy when I don't think I've experienced those things?"

"You come up your own version of what makes you happy."

"A woman is dead because of me. How can I ever be happy knowing that?"

"Mitch said Swaggerty was waiting for Charlene. If it hadn't been that night, he would have killed her another way."

Phoenix let that statement sink in. One part of her brain knew that was true. So why did she cling to the blame for Charlene's death? Maybe she was afraid to move forward. 



AUTHOR Bio and Links:

I'm an optimist whose rose-colored glasses have bent frames and cracked lenses. When life kicks me in the teeth, I find miracles and lessons I refused to learn an easier way. In fact, I live with a small herd of miracles in the furry forms of dogs, who are constantly trying to teach me to forgive, to play more, and to love without limits. I write about people who find courage and integrity in the darkest times of their lives, who rescue stray dogs and kittens, who find a person they would willingly give their lives for, and who make their little corners of the world a better place. People have remarked my stories "aren't what they expected." With rose-colored glasses firmly in place, I take that as a compliment. I invite you to share a piece of my world in the pages of a book, and hope you find some surprises, some tears, some laughter, and always a happy ending.

My Web site: http://www.GenieGabriel.com

NOTE: All nine books in the Halo Legacy Series will be $0.99 the day of the tour!

http://shop.roguephoenixpress.ieasysite.com/category.aspx?categoryid=82

Genie will be awarding nine $9 Amazon GCs -- eight will be awarded to randomly drawn commenters during the tour. Make sure you follow this blog by email and GFC so you don't miss future events.

Leave a comment with your email to enter to win. For more stops on the tour and more chances to win, click the link below.



7 comments:

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

I so pleased to be here as part of my Book Blast! Thank you for hosting me. I'm also looking forward to chatting with commenters throughout the day--hope to talk to you soon!

Andra Lyn said...

Thanks for sharing! I love getting a glimpse into the book with each different excerpt!

andralynn7 AT gmail DOT com

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thank you for hosting

Rita Wray said...

I'm looking forward to reading the book.

Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

bn100 said...

Very nice excerpt

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Andra, "Ingeborg" and "bn"! So glad you stopped by!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE to visit fifty blog sites, say hello and respond to comments? A looooong time!

I thoroughly enjoyed my Super Book Blast on July 9 organized by Goddess Fish. They are great to work with! I also very much appreciate all the blog hosts and everyone who stopped by and commented.

The winners of the gift cards have been selected and e-mails sent. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple commenters and the blog host winner, but I will announce the commenters who have responded. They are: Shannon R., Grampy, jannashay, Rita W., MomJane, and bn100.

CONGRATULATIONS to all and many, many thanks to all the hosts, the commenters and everyone else who helped my Super Book Blast a very special day!