Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Jenny Kane: Another Cup of Coffee


Coffee Anyone?  Introducing Jenny Kane!

Hello! Thank you ever so much for inviting me along today to tell you a little about the ‘new me’!

Some of you may have come across my work before. For the past 9 years I have been writing erotica under the name of Kay Jaybee, and I’ve been lucky enough to talk about a number of ‘KJB’ books with Erzabet in the past.

I love ‘being’ Kay- she is very much braver than I am, and it is such fun taking on her persona to weave tales of erotic romance, BDSM, and voyeurism. However, there is another side to me- a more realistic side if I’m honest. A shyer, less confident writer, who has always planned to widen her literary horizons beyond erotica, but never had the nerve to try!
It’s a daunting thing trying to get a new book published, even if you already have a proven track record in your field. To jump the fence and branch into a different field altogether is a bit like starting all over again. It took an awful lot of persuading from my friends and family to take the leap into this additional literary world!

Some months later, when I’d polished my first romantic novel to the point where if I read it one more time my eyes would have taken the print off the page, I bit the bullet, and sent Another Cup of Coffee off to a publisher.

The plot line for Another Cup of Coffee- which is more a story of modern friendship with romance, than a romantic story- has been simmering in the back of my head for years. In fact it first hit the paper in a very rough form before I’d ever dreamt up my first erotic tale. With every expectation of being rejected, I waited- and made myself forget all about it- and then- to my continued surprise- three months later my dream came true- a yes from Accent Press!!!!

And so now, not only can you read my smuttiness as Kay, but you can curl up with my cosier side! Think comfort food, think book chocolate, think something to read on the sofa on an Autumn evening, while you get lost in the life of Miss Amy Crane, her friends, and the ghost from her past...

Blurb-
Thirteen years ago Amy Crane ran away from everyone and everything she knew, ending up in an unfamiliar city with no obvious past and no idea of her future. Now, though, that past has just arrived on her doorstep, in the shape of an old music cassette that Amy hasn’t seen since she was at university.

Digging out her long-neglected Walkman, Amy listens to the lyrics that soundtracked her student days. As long-buried memories are wrenched from the places in her mind where she’s kept them safely locked away for over a decade, Amy is suddenly tired of hiding.

It’s time to confront everything about her life. Time to find all the friends she left behind in England, when her heart got broken and the life she was building for herself was shattered. Time to make sense of all the feelings she’s been bottling up for all this time. And most of all, it’s time to discover why Jack has sent her tape back to her now, after all these years…

With her mantra, ‘New life, New job, New home’, playing on a continuous loop in her head, Amy gears herself up with yet another bucket-sized cup of coffee, as she goes forth to lay the ghost of first love to rest...

If you’d like to dip into my first contemporary romance, Another Cup of Coffee is available from all good book and eBook retailers, including-

Happy reading everyone,
Jenny x


If you’d like to find out more about Jenny Kane, you can visit her web site at www.jennykane.co.uk
You can follow her on-
Twitter- @JennyKaneAuthor https://twitter.com/JennyKaneAuthor
You can find Jenny’s darker side, Kay Jaybee, on her erotica website www.kayjaybee.me.uk



1 comment:

Kay Jaybee said...

Thanks for having me over to visit Dana!! 'Being' Jenny is so much fnu!! xx