Friday, December 10, 2010

The Holiday Reading Challenge 2010

Hello everyone. I have some final entries into the challenge, and wanted to share with you what I found.

I always enjoy Fancy Nancy, and Splendiferous Christmas  was wonderful.

What I liked:
It was Fancy Nancy making the world a fancy place and making Christmas gorgeous for all.

What I didn't:

That it ended.

Overall:

A great read for the little princess in your life who likes to dress up and make the world a fancy place, just by looking at what is around you. 5 out of 5 stars.


Merry Christmas Splat is a romp through Splat's Christmas. Was he good enough to get a big present?

What I liked:

The illustrations and storyline are so cute. I always enjoy the story lines Rob Scotton puts together.

What I didn't:
 Nothing at all.

Overall:

Awesome gift for kids or kids at heart. I just bought it for my Nookcolor. Sigh.

This book is an oldy but a goody. The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy is a great tale about pet rescue.

What I Liked:
The story about a puppy who wants a boy for Christmas is heartwarming. For someone who has rescue dogs, this is perfect.

What I didn't:
Not a thing.

Overall:
This book is a great gift to teach kids about rescuing animals. Pets are people too. Just with fur.

This book started out really great, but then got preachy.

What I liked:
The idea of a bookstore hidden away in an old district who helps to support a ball to get lonely people together was appealing.

What I didn't:
When a book gets preachy and starts lobbing huge snowballs of over the top religion, I don't like it. I felt that this book did that.

Overall;
I liked the basic storyline, but felt the religion was a little strong for a book shelved in the sci fi section.



A Darcy Christmas  was a great read.

What I Liked:
The three stories in this book bring to life the spirit of Christmas in the world of Pemberley. Wonderful.

What I didn't:
Not a thing. It was very enjoyable.

Overall:
A great read for anyone who loves Pride and Prejudice.



No comments: